- Lealholm (15mins) try the stepping stones across the River Esk.
- Danby (10mins) home of the Moors Centre with its famous castle where Katherine Parr may have stayed.
- Rosedale (15mins) the last evidences of the iron ore business lie hidden in the moors.
- Goathland (20mins) now the venue for regular TV filming sessions of Heartbeat.
- Hutton le Hole (20mins) the open air museum has a wonderful collection of old houses and the area has many special events.
- Helmsley (25mins) a popular centre for shopping.
- Rievaulx Abbey, The Terraces and Duncombe Park add to the attractions.
- Whitby (25mins) the ancient fishing port is home to the famous Abbey and boasts some of the best fish & chips in Europe.
- Staithes (20mins) set into the hill, this tiny fishing village is full of narrow streets and seems untouched by time.
- Robin Hood’s Bay (20mins) a little more commercialised but no less charming.
- Saltburn (15mins) spectacular cliffs and grand buildings from the days when it was a favoured Victorian holiday spot. Wide bracing beaches and breakers are a surfer¹s heaven.
- Runswick Bay (15mins) a sweeping panorama with a village clinging to the side of the hill.
…and so on. The list is endless the choice is yours. A wide selection of leaflets, maps and suitable books are available in each cottage to help you decide.