Converted in 1994, the Byre can sleep up to six adults.
The accommodation comprises:
- An open-plan kitchen, dining area and sitting room with beams and vaulted ceiling
- Bathroom with bath and separate level access shower
- A large double bedroom with space for wheelchair and hoist or cot
- A large twin bedded bedroom with space for a third bed or cot
- A single room with an additional rollaway bed
Well-equipped with bed linen, tea towels and towels provided, its amenities include:
- A multifuel stove
- A wide screen television and DVD player
- Satellite television channels
- DAB Radio with CD player Games, books and maps
- Cot (which can go in any of the bedrooms)
- Patio/BBQ area and private fenced garden with furniture
The Byre is spacious and well equipped with beautiful views across Westerdale. It has oil central heating (included in the price) and a wood burning stove (first wood provided) making it a wonderful place to stay in winter as well as the summer. A laundry room with washing machine and tumble drier is provided with plenty of space for drying coats and muddy boots.
The Byre held a Category 1 Accessibility rating, and whilst it may not quite meet the M3 accessibility standard we have several guests with wheelchairs who return year after year.