- Parking is available immediately outside the property. Whilst the courtyard itself is gravelled there is hard-standing at the parking spot.
- This area is well-lit at night.
- There is a wide paved pathway to the front door.
Entrance to the Byre
- The front door is 87cm wide
- The threshold is level.
- The flooring inside the entrance is tiled.
Hall and Passageways
- The hall and passageway is lit by overhead lights. The floor is level.
- Passageways are 88cm wide at narrowest point, but generally 145cm wide.
- The floor covering is tiled.
Sitting Room / Kitchen/ Diner
- The door opening to the sitting room is 92cm wide
- The room has a large sofa with non-feather cushions. A high, firm chair can be provided.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles and a DVD player
- The flooring is short-pile fitted carpet.
- The kitchen opens directly from the sitting room
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 116cm from the floor.
- The hob is an induction hob and is 78cm above the floor.
- The worktop generally is 89cm above the floor.
- The sink is 89cm above the floor.
- There are knee hole spaces beneath the hob (82cm wide) and sink (74cm wide) to allow wheelchair access.
- The fridge and freezer are both situated under the worktop.
- There are no wall cupboards.
- There is a tall cupboard in which crockery and glasses are stored; all equipment can be moved if required.
- The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen spotlights.
- The flooring is tiles.
The table is 74cm high and seats 6. There is a cutout position to allow easy wheelchair access.
There are three bedrooms, all situated on the ground floor. Doorways are all 92cm.
- The height of all the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 56cm (double), 60cm (single).
- All bedrooms offer good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short-pile carpets and non-feather bedding.
Lighting is natural daylight and at night there is overhead lighting. Bedside lamps are provided in each room.
The double bedroom has access from both sides of the bed and the bed is suitable for a hoist.
The twin bedded room has access to both sides of one bed.
The single room has access from one side of the bed. The bed is suitable for use with a hoist. It can be moved to the twin room if required.
The bathroom is on the ground floor
- There is step-free, level access.
- Door opening is 92cm wide
- There is a level entry, step free shower.
- Toilet is 46cm high with a horizontal handrail, 70cm high and 50cm wide on the non-transfer side.
- A shower-chair / toilet chair is available.
- Wash-basin is 82cm high, with clear access underneath.
- Lever taps adapters are available for the wash-basin and bath.
- Well-lit with a light over the wash-basin and a centre light.
- Transfer seat adjacent to the bath
- Non-slip flooring.